Be A Red Nose Volunteer
Operation Red Nose Sudbury could not be the success it is without our volunteers! We hope you’ll join us this holiday season and help make Greater Sudbury a safer community!
Volunteer applications will be available at all area Tim Horton’s starting November 4, 2016 or you can download volunteer application here.x
Police Information Checks
As we prepare for this year’s campaign, we’ve improved the application process. This means that volunteers have the option when submitting their application to give consent the application and Police Information Check go directly to Operation Red Nose. You will be contacted when the application has been received by Operation Red Nose. Police Information Checks are provided FREE of charge to all Operation Red Nose volunteers.
Step by Step Instructions
- Pick up Volunteer Application at any area Tim Hortons (starting Nov. 4) or download from our website now.
- Complete the Operation Red Nose Volunteer Application form. Please ensure to sign where applicable.
- Drop off completed application to the Greater Sudbury Police Services Record Department located at 190 Brady Street in Sudbury between 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Please note you must bring two pieces of valid identification. (One piece of ID must be a government issued Photo Identification containing my name, date of birth and signature such as a Driver’s Licence, Passport, Health Card…). At this time, you must completed the Police Information Check and have the option to sign a consent form authorizing the Greater Sudbury Police Service to submit your Information Check directly to Operation Red Nose.
- If you do not choose to sign a consent form releasing your Information Check to Operation Red Nose, Greater Sudbury Police Service will contact you when your Information Check is ready for pickup. At this time, you must submit your application and Information Check to Operation Red Nose located in the NORCAT building at 1545 Maley Drive between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday-Friday. Please do not call the Greater Sudbury Police Service regarding the status of your check. You will be contacted when it has been completed.
- Operation Red Nose will contact you after we’ve received your application and confirmed your volunteer date(s).
You could be part of a three-member team that picks up clients who call the service for a ride. The team drives to the pick-up location in an escort car. One team member (Designated Driver), accompanied by a second team member (Navigator) for safety reasons, drives the client and any passengers to the destination of their choice, in the client’s car. The third team member (Escort Driver) follows in the escort car and, at the end of the trip, takes the whole team back to the local headquarters or on to the next call.
Road Team members:
- Escort Driver (Driver’s Licence required, Minimum age requirement is 21 years)
- Designated Driver (Driver’s Licence required, Minimum age requirement is 21 years)
- Navigator (Driver’s Licence NOT required, Minimum age requirement is 19 years)
Many Ways to Volunteer
You don’t need a driver’s licence to volunteer for Operation Red Nose Sudbury. Telephone operators are required for our dispatch center at Operation Red Nose’s headquarters. You can volunteer as an individual or as a member of a group or company team.